Our department is well equipped with 9 chairs each in UG clinic and PG clinic. Our UG and PG students are trained for screening the cases, recording case history, diagnosing dental related problems, diagnosing and medical management of oromucosal lesions, oral pre-cancer and cancerous lesions, TMDS and Head and neck cancer pain management.
Radiology is equipped with two intraoral periapical machines, one conventional OPG unit, one 100mA Skull radiographic unit,one digital OPG unit and one CBCT unit. UG’S are trained for IOPA technique and demonstration of OPG and extra oral radiographic techniques. PG’S are well-versed with technique and interpretation of various Intra/ Extra oral radiographic techniques. Our department has latest 3D imaging modality i.e, CBCT. CBCT is economical, less radiation exposure, better linear accuracy in implant assessment and gives complete 3D evaluation of any bony lesions. Our PG’S are exposed to wide range of radiographical images in CBCT giving them insight into 3D imaging modality. At the end of the course, they can independently perform 3D scanning of head and neck region, interpret and report them.
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology has
•18 dental chairs ( 11 chairs with attachments and 7 chairs without attachments)•Illuminated mouth mirror & probe
• Intra oral camera
• Biopsy kit (incisional, Excisional, FNAC, punch and brush biopsy kits)
• Pulp tester
• Neuro sensory evaluation kits
• Emergency medical kits
• Has 2 Two Intra oral periapical X-ray units
• One RVG (Radio Visiography)- Kodak trophy
• One ortho pantomograph unit (OPG) digital compatibility
• One extra oral radiographic unit
• One Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) equipment with Digital OPG
• 4 Computers (one for RVG use, Two for CBCT, and one for department official use)
• Well equipped dark room
• Automatic processor for Intra oral & extraoral X-ray films
• X-ray film drier
• Viewers for both Intra oral and extra oral X-ray films
• Lead container for X-ray film storage
• For Radiation protection we have 6 Lead screens, 2 pairs of lead gloves, 4 lead Aprons, and 2 Thyroid collar
• Strict asepsis is maintained using autoclave, sterilizer, cold sterilization ( korsolex, Bacillol, Sterillium) and personal barrier techniques.
Our college pioneered the usage of cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) in the academic zone. This machine can be used exclusively for 3D imaging of maxilla and mandible, similar to that of computed tomography (CT), but at a reasonable cost.
There are many ongoing original research utilizing CBCT technology and we also encourage further researches in the same field in the future.