Home » Periodontics » Research
Completed Research Projects
- To evaluate the efficacy of a probiotic drink containing Lactobacillus casei on levels of periodontopathic bacteria in chronic periodontitis- A clinico –microbiological study
- Comparative evaluation of glucose level in gingival crevicular blood ,GCF and peripheral blood in chronic periodontitis with and without type II diabetes mellitus. A clinico – biochemical study
- Estimation of plasma levels of fibrinogen in periodontitis patient. An intervention study
- Estimation of plasma homocysteine and folic acid in patients with periodontitis. A case control study
- Clinical and radiological evaluation of irradiated allogenic bone graft (RMTB ™) in the treatment of intrabony defects
- Comparative evaluation of gingival depigmentation by diode laser versus cryosurgery using liquid nitrogen
- A comparative evaluation of total antioxidant levels in saliva of smokers and nonsmokers with chronic periodontitis. A clinic-biochemical study
- Comparative evaluation of doxycycline with and without nanohydrogel as LDD in treatment of periodontal pocket
- Estimation of lipid peroxidation levels and superoxide dimutase activity in gingival tissue extracts of chronic periodontitis- A clinico biochemical study
- Comparative evaluation of cone–beam computed tomography versus direct surgical measurements in the diagnosis of mandibular molar furcation involvement
- Comparative evaluation of 2% turmeric extract with nanocal and 1% chlorhexidine gel as an adjunct to scaling and root planning in patients with chronic periodontitis. A clinico – microbiological study
- Estimation of the levels of salivary macrophage inflammatory protein -1α and monocyte chemo protein-1 in periodontal health and disease. A clinico biochemical study
- Evaluation of hepatocyte growth factor levels in saliva of smokers and non smokers with chronic periodontitis before and after surgical periodontal therapy. A clinico biochemical study
- Comparison of two commercially available dentrifices , one containing herbal extracts and the other containing triclosan : A clinico microbiological study
- To evaluate the effect of scaling and root planning combined with indocynanin green- mediated photodynamic therapy in the treatment of chronic periodontits. A clinico microbiological study
- Comparison and co relation of salivary C-Reactive Protein and calprotectin as biochemical markers of periodontal disease. A cross sectional study
- To evaluate the clinical and esthetic outcome of human chorionic membrane allograft with coronally advanced flap in the arrangement of isolated gingival recession
- Estimation and co relation of salivary human β defensin 2 and IL-1 β expression profiles in chronic periodontitis . A cross sectional study
- Estimation and co relation of salivary resistin levels and serum insulin resistance in patients with chronic periodontitis A case control study
- To compare and evaluate the efficacy of two piezoelectric ultrasonic scalers with hand instrumentation . A profilometric and SEM study
- Comparative evaluvation of subgingival occurrence and biofilm forming properties of candida albicans and non candida albicans species in healthy and chronic periodontitis patients . An observational study
- To evaluate the efficacy of probiotic chewable tablets containing lacto bacillus rewteri as an adjuct in the management of chronic periodontitis – an interventional prospective study
- Effect of SRP in salivary and serum plasminogen activator inhibitor -1 and α 2 macroglobulin levels in cp and type II diabetes mellitus – interventional comparative study
- Evaluation of the effect of scaling and root planing on salivary and serum fetuin-A levels in patients with chronic periodontitis.
- Novabone TM dental putty as a potential regenerative material for treating horizontal defects in chronic periodontitis patients.
- Clinical and radiographic evaluation of irradiated allogenic bone graft (RMTBTM) in the treatment of intrabony defects in patients with chronic periodontitis.
- Evaluation of regenerative potential of autologous platelet rich fibrin in horizontal bone defects in chronic periodontitis patients.
- Assessment of the knowledge about the adverse effect of smoking on periodontal health and attitude towards smoking among IT professionals in bangalore- A cross sectional survey.
- Knowledge, attitude, and misconception on periodontal disease among IT professional in bangalore -A cross sectional study.
- Awareness, knowledge and practice about the association between diabetes mellitus and periodontitis among the health care providers – A cross sectional study.
- Comparative evaluation of Antifungal activity of Green Coffee and Green Tea extract against Candida Albicans- An In Vitro Study.
- Comparative evaluation of the efficacy of Pro- Argin containing desensitizing toothpaste versus mouth wash- An Invitro Study.
- Evaluation of the efficacy of calcium phosphosilicate bioactive glass in combination with autologous platelet rich fibrin (PRF) in the treatment of horizontal bone defects in periodontitis.
- Comparison of salivary and serum sTWEAK levels before and after scaling and root planing in patients with periodontitis with and without type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Evaluation of the efficacy of lactobacillus rhamnosus gg as an adjuvant to scaling and root planing in patients with periodontitis.
- Evaluation of the efficacy of injectable PRF for gingival augmentation in thin gingival phenotype- An Experimental Study.
- Evaluation of antibacterial activity of Andrographolide extract against Porphyromonas Gingivalis- An In Vitro Study.
- Plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 Gene expression in patients with periodontitis and type II Diabetes Mellitus- A Cross Sectional Study.
- Subgingival Delivery of Bifidobacterium Gel Versus Tetracycline as an adjunct to scaling and root planning- A Randomized Control trial.
- Evaluation of Red Cell distribution width in smokers and non smokers with periodontitis – A Cross Sectional Study.
- Evaluation of inhibitory effect of Brominated Furanones on LuxS gene expression in Fusobacterium Nucleatum- An Invitro Study.
- Formulation and evaluation of periodontal in situ probiotic gel (Bifidobacterium Animalis subsps Lactis 2 X 199CFU/g)- An In vitro Study.
Ongoing research projects
1. Estimation and Correlation of 1,5-Anhydroglucitol in saliva and serum of Periodontitis patients with and without Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus- A cross sectional analytical study
2. Comparative efficacy of local subgingival application of injectable Platelet Rich Fibrin and (-)-Epigallocatechin Gallate gel as an adjunt to scaling and root planing: As an adjunct to scaling and root planing: A Randomized controlled clinical Trial.
3. Evaluation of osteocalcin level in Gingival Crevicular Fluid in Periodontal intrabony defects treated with autologous Platelet Rich Fibrin- a non-randomized experimental study
4. Prevalence of smoking among dental students in Bangalore – a questionnaire based cross sectional study.
5. Prevalence and severity of gingival recession and root surface concavities in hospital based population in Bangalore – a cross–sectional study.
6. The impact of covid-19 pandemic on stress level and its association with gingival and periodontal status of nursing staffs of an institution: a cross –sectional study.
7. Comparative evaluation of antimicrobial activity of licorice ( glycyrrhiza glabra linn) and quercetin extracts against porphyromonas gingivalis – an in vitro study
8. Comparative evaluation of injectable platelet rich fibrin – advanced platelet rich fibrin mixture and hyaluronic acid in treatment of gingival black triangles
9. Efficacy of non-surgical application of injectable platelet rich fibrin in the treatment of Nordland and Tarnow class I and class II papilla.
10. A clinical evaluation of autologous platelet rich fibrin in combination with tetracycline in the treatment of horizontal bone defect with intramarrow penetration in periodontics – a split mouth clinical comparative study.