Dr JAYA NAIDU
PROFESSOR & HOD
MDS [Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry]
Dr Jaya Naidu completed her graduation in 1998 from S.J.M Dental College and Hospital, Chitradurga Kuvempu University and MDS from J.S.S. Dental College and Hospital, Mysore Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences in 2001. She was awarded the Shamanur Shivashankrappa Parvathamma Gold Medal for securing the University First Rank in B.D.S Examination, Kuvempu University, and was adjudged the Best Outgoing Student, S.J.M Dental College, Chitradurga, 1997. She has been involved in the practice and teaching of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry for the last 19 years and has been actively involved in several research projects for innovations and advancement in the field. She is a approved UG and PG guide in RGUHS. She has been an examiner for UG and PG examinations in various universities. She has organised and participated in several school dental health treatment and education programmes. She has several national and international scientific publications and is serving as Reviewer on editorial boards of national and international journals. She has been invited as guest speaker at various forums. She is a life member of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry. She has been the Organising Secretary for two CDE Programs organised by the Department. She is the Editor In Chief: Dantasaukhyam – Volume 1 and Volume 2 [Official Publication of VIDS & RC]. She heads the Academic Division of IQAC of VIDS & RC and is the Head of Planning and Development Committee, Academic Committee, Faculty Development Committee, Mentorship Committee, Women Empowerment Committee and is a member of other institutional committees.
Awards and Achievements:
Dr Sujay Kumar B
BDS,MDS [Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry]
Dr. Sujay Kumar B, completed his graduation in the year 2005 from AB Shetty Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore and MDS from AECS Maaruthi College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Bengaluru, under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. He is actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research programs and is an approved UG and PG guide in RGUHS University. He has a number of publications in various national journals and presented scientific papers in various national and state conferences. He has been the external examiner for UG university exam in 2014 and has been appointed as flying squad for Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences examination. He is the Member of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry. He has organised and conducted various School dental Health programme for children and denture camp for adults in Government and Non-Government Schools in Bangalore.
Awards and achievements
1. Miracle ozone dentistry. Prashant, Sujay, Shilpa, Konde S, Aradhya K. Journal of Dental Health Sciences December 2009.
2. Effect of oral health education and fluoridated dentifrices on oral health status of visually impaired children. Sujay Kumar B, Sapna Konde, Sunil Raj. Contemporary Clinical Dentistry 2012; 3:398-401.
3. Saliva as a diagnostic fluid: review and update. Sujay Kumar Synapse, Vol1 Issue 2,April-June 2012
4. Understanding parents of a special child. Dr Kavita Rai, Dr. Kiran, Dr. Sujay Kumar B, Synapse, Vol 3 Issue 2, July- September 2013.
5. Understanding dissociative disorder Dr Kavita Rai, Dr. Kiran, Dr. Sujay Kumar B, Synapse, Vol 3 Issue 2, July- September 2013.
6.Behavior rating scale- An update Dr Kavita Rai, Dr. Kiran, Dr. Sujay Kumar B, Synapse, Vol 4 Issue1, January – June 2014.
7. Practical considerations in non-pharmacological management of child behavior. Dr Pooja, Dr. Samhita, Dr. Sujay Kumar B, Dr Kavita Rai, Dr. Kiran Synapse January – March 2015;Vol 5 Issue1:5-9.
8. Mineral trioxide Aggregate (MTA) It’s applications in Pediatric Dentistry. Dr Sujay Kumar B, Dr. Pooja, Dr Kavita Rai, Dr. Kiran. Synapse Jan-June 2016; Vol1 Issue 1:1-4.
9. Self-Injurious Behaviors in children: An overview. Dr. Samhita, Dr. Sujay Kumar B, Dr Kavita Rai, Dr. Kiran Synapse January – July 2016; Vol 5 Issue1:28-30.
10. Comparison of obturation techniques using three delivery systems: An in vitro study. Sujay Kumar, Sunil Raj, Sapan Konde, Kavita Rai. Manipal Journal of Dental Sciences October 2016; Volume 1 Issue 2:13-17.
11. Esthetic Rehabilitation in Early Childhood Caries – A Case Report. Dr. Jyothsna Chowdary K, Dr. Kavita Rai, Dr. Nandan N, Dr. Sujay Kumar, Dr Swathi Kunta. Synapse Dec – July 2016; Vol 1 Issue 2:8-11.
12.Comparative evaluation of shear bond strength of four commercially available glass ionomer restorative materials on primary teeth: An in vitro study”, IJDSIR. 2022; 5(3).01 – 10.
13. A comparative evaluation of remineralizing capacity of primary versus permanent teeth using Enafix and GC tooth mousse – An in vitro study. IJDSIR.2022; 5 (3):11 – 17.
14.Opening the minds to revoke the understanding of Hypnosis – The Mind Theory”, IJDSIR- December – 2021, Vol. – 4, Issue – 6, P. No. 35 – 40.
Dr Umadevi E
BDS, MDS [Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry]
Dr Umadevi E completed her graduation in the year 2004 from Bangalore Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Bengaluru, and Post-graduation in Pediatric & Preventive Dentistry in the year 2018 from AECS Maaruthi College of Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Bengaluru under Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences. She is actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs. She is life-time member of Indian Society of Pedodontic & Preventive Dentistry. She has various scientific presentations in the national and state conferences to her credit. Her field of interest is Hypnosis and is oriented towards research in the same field. She is active member of the various committees functioning in the college under Institute Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC).
Awards and Achievements:
1. Salivary Indicators for a Healthy Mouth: An In Vivo Study. Sunil Raj N., E. Umadevi and Sapna Konde. 2017 Int.J.Curr.Res.Aca.Rev. 5(7), 115-120
2. Mother to baby. Hejje moodida haadi:sthree badukina sankathana. Pg. no.282-303
3.A comparative evaluation of Efficacy of hypnosis, acupressure and Audio-visual aids in reducing the anxiety of children during administration of Local Anesthesia. ( Accepted for publication by IJCPD)
4. 3D printing-Blooming horizon in pediatric dentistry. IDA-Central Kerala, Kottayam Branch.2022;1(1): 25-29.
5. Opening the minds to revoke the understanding of Hypnosis – The Mind Theory”, IJDSIR- December – 2021, Vol. – 4, Issue – 6, P. No. 35 – 40.
6. Comparative Evaluation of Efficacy of Hypnosis, Acupressure and Audiovisual Aids in Reducing the Anxiety of Children during Administration of Local Anesthesia. Int J Clin Pediatr Dent 2021;14(S-2):S186–S192.
Dr Jerin Mary Issac
BDS,MDS [ Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry]
Dr. Jerin Mary Issac completed her graduation from Indira Gandhi Dental College, Ernakulam in the year 2016 and postgraduation from Mar Baselios Dental College, Ernakulam in the year 2020 under Kerala University Health Sciences, Thrissur, Kerala. She has presented posters and papers in various national and international conferences and has also published articles in national and international journals. She is a member of Indian Society of Pediatric and Preventive Dentistry and Indian Dental Association and a member of Woman Empowerment Committee and curriculum planning committee.
Awards and Achievements:
1. Equia Forte – a new glass hybrid glass ionomer. Issac JM, Abraham K, Khosla E, James AR, Thenumkal E. Ozone March 2020; vol 2(1).
2. Jerin Mary Issac. Advances in glass ionomer cement: A review. IJDS May 2021; vol 3(1): pg no. 91-95.
3.Opening the minds to revoke the understanding of Hypnosis – The Mind Theory”, IJDSIR- December – 2021, Vol. – 4, Issue – 6, P. No. 35 – 40.
4.An assessment on the relevance of Jean Piaget’s cognitive principles among 4-7 year old children – A cross sectional study. IJDSIR- December – 2021, Vol. – 4, Issue – 6.
Dr Namratha T
Dr Namratha T completed her graduation from G Pulla Reddy Dental college and Hospital, Kurnool, Dr NTR University of health Sciences, Andra Pradesh in 2011 and postgraduation from Narayana Dental College and Hospital, Nellore,NTR University of health Sciences, Andra Pradesh, 2016. She has been actively involved in the academic activities of both the Undergraduate and postgraduate students. She has various publications in national and international journals.
Awards and Achievements: