On behalf of the Organising Committee, it is a pleasure to invite you all to the CDE on, “The Ticking time bomb- Work-related musculoskeletal disorders in dental healthcare professionals.”
Dental Healthcare professionals are prone to work- related musculoskeletal disorders (WMSD’s) that involve the neck, shoulders, elbow, wrist, hand and lower back. Awkward body posture, repetitive motions, forceful exertions, vibration and the duration of exposure are considered the primary risk factors. WMSD’s are literally ticking time bombs that can reduce productivity and shorten and end careers. This CDE Program is aimed at enabling clinicians to identify risk factors, recognizing the signs and symptoms of the MSD’s, involving the upper limb, lower back, and neck region. It also intends to help develop preventive and management strategies to combat these disorders.
|Registration:||08.30 am-09.30 am|
|Session I||10.15 am-11.30 am||Guest Speaker: Dr Suresha Kodapala
Topic: Work related Musculoskeletal disorders involving the upper limb and lower back- Insight into the Symptoms, Diagnosis and Medical Intervention strategies.
|Tea Break||11.30 am-11.45 am|
|Session II||11.45 am-01.00 pm||Guest Speaker: Dr Mythili Kalladka
Topic: Managing head and neck pain and understanding occupational risk factors for Musculoskeletal disorders.
|Lunch||01.00 pm-01.30 pm|
|E-Poster Presentation||01.30 pm-02.00 pm|
|Session III||02.00 pm-02.45 pm||Guest Speaker: Mr Joshua Samuel R
Topic: Physical and Psychosocial management strategies – self-help Vs professional advice.
|Tea Break||02.45 pm-03.00 pm|
|Session IV||03.00 pm- 3.30 pm||Guest Speaker: Mr Joshua Samuel R
Topic: Committing to fitness- A hands on approach.
|Valedictory Function||03.30 pm onwards|
|REGISTRATION FEE DETAILS|
|Registration Fees||: Rs.750/-|
|Account Number||: 849821110000010|
|Account Name||: Vydehi Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Centre|
|Bank Name||: BANK OF INDIA|
|IFSC Code||: BKID0008498|
|MICR Number||: 560013023|
|Payment Options available are||: NEFT/ Inter Bank Fund Transfer/ Online Bank Transfer|
|Kindly Mail Details of transaction along with contact details to email@example.com|
1. The body of the poster should be self-explainatory with minimal text and maximum illustrations
2. Maximum of 2 participants can present a poster. Both the delegates will be given certificates.
3. Duration of presentation: Postgraduates - 2 Minutes presentation + 1 Minute discussion.
4. The Posters should in E format only.
5. The Poster presentation should be in JPG, JPEG or PNG image format of size not exceeding 4 X 3 feet (landscape) with minimum 300 dpi.
6. Entries should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th of March 2020
7. Kindly mention the registration number at the upper right corner of the poster.
Seminar Hall- I, Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Center
# 82, Nallurhalli, Near BMTC, 18th Depot,
Whitefield, Bengaluru - 560 066
Dr. Jaya Naidu-9845402319 | Dr Manju M-9740363327
Dr Sujay Kumar B-9035808039 | Dr Kirthana Satish-9986532739